As a result of what the team mentioned in a recent Devstream, we were aware that March was going to be a good month for Warframae fans – particularly on PC. Well, the first update has dropped, and while it does bring some new gameplay elements, it’s likely the most importnat takeaway for Warframe fans would be the quality of life updates – of which there are many, and they are GREAT.
Of course, along with this, we get a new warframe, and a bunch of new bits and pieces, but there are some changes here that players have been waiting on for years… Thank you, DE!
What's coming with this update?
- Operation: Buried Debts – touted by DE as a “community event”, this Operation sees players searching the Orb Vallis for fractures on the surface. These Thermia Fractures, as they are known, are the result of Nef Anyo’s greed, and players will uncover the secret over several weeks as they discover more of these fractures… Rewards include vanity cosmetics (emblem/sigil), new mods, and the new BFG – the Opticor Vandal
- New warframe, Hildryn – a beastly new frame, Hildryn uses Shields to power her Abilities, and Energy to recharge her Shields. This would likely require a new approach to gameplay, and we can’t wait to give her a shot!
- Melee 2.9: aka Melee Phase 1 – this is one we;ve been waiting for, and we’ve gone over some of the notes before. These changes have now been applied, with uninterrupted combat, combo resume, aimed slams, and new visual effects now available for your melee pleasure
- Ephemera – the new warframe effects are now available! Want to leave behind ice, grass, or other effects as you move about? Then Ephemera is here for you!
- New weapons and accessories – Hildryn has her own signature weapon, and it’s an Arch-gun! Called the Larkspur, it’s a bit of a beast. Also released alongside Hildryn was a new Syandana and a new alt Helmet
- New K-Drive parts – getting bored of the same old K-Drive, or just sad that everyone seems to have the same one? Well, you now have access to more parts, so you can possibly make yours stand out s little more!
- Limbo Deluxe Skin and accessories – the new Limbo Deluxe skin is now out, as is the Tarot-card skin for throwing weapons! Also released to complement – a new Syandana and Sugatra
- Tatsu: the double-handed katana – yes, Revenant’s signature weapon is finally available in game, and it looks great
- Quality of life improvements – these are some of the things I’m excited about most… client-side weapon swapping, individual extraction from endless missions, bounties on the Plains of Eidolon… Awesome!
- … and much more, including Operator hairstyles and a new Corpus-themed Syandana