Welcome back, Dreamers.
The Nightwave weekly bounties change every Sunday at 12 midnight GMT (or Monday morning, if that’s your preference), so keep your eyes out every week after that time for our weekly update – letting you know the activities you’ll need to complete for the week (note this will not include daily challenges, of course).
This Week's Bounties
The following challenges are in place until Midnight Sunday 5 May/Monday 6 May:
- Find all caches in 3 Sabotage Missions
- Pick up 8 Rare Mods
- Complete 3 Mobile Defense Missions
- Complete 1 Sortie
- Complete 8 Bounties in the Orb Vallis
- Catch 6 Rare Servofish in Orb Vallis
- Mine 6 Rare Gems in the Orb Vallis
- Kill Profit-Taker while playing with a friend or clanmate (Elite)
- Complete an Extermination Mission with Level 30 or Higher Enemies without being detected (Elite)
- Complete a Sortie with a Friend/Clanmate (Elite)
Find all caches in 3 Sabotage Missions: Another super duper easy one, and one that can be doubled up with Invasions or Relic runs if that is also on the cards for that week (provided, of course, that there are Sabotage missions available). Otherwise, smash out three low level ones and be done with this in 10 mins.
Pick up 8 Rare Mods: seems difficult at first glance, because Rare mods … well, they’re rare. They don’t necessarily drop that often. While it’s quite possible that 8 will drop as you do other challenges, this pairs PERFECTLY with an Index challenge, as all Index mods are Rare, and they drop frequently. TL;DR: go to the Index, if you can.
Complete 3 Mobile Defense Missions: Again, an easy one, and definitely one that can be doubled up with Invasion challenges (as Mobile Defence missions are often offered as Invasion mission types). Can also be combined with Dailies, depending on what they are, so consider them before jumping in.
Complete 1 Sortie: Sadly, this locks out players that are yet to complete The War Within, but it’s not terribly difficult.
Complete 8 Bounties in the Orb Vallis: Bit of a pain in the butt, this one, but mainly because it’s just time consuming. You can smash out all 8 in a row if you want, or spread them out over the week, but it will definitely take more time than it’s (perhaps) worth. Note, though, that the second Profit Taker bounty (if you’re able to access that) is super quick and easy, and you can knock it out in under 5 minutes per run.
Catch 6 Rare Servofish in Orb Vallis: Fishing in the Orb Vallis is somewhat more enjoyable than on the Plains (to me, at least), but it’s harder to catch Rare fish there, sadly. You’re looking for Tromyzon (found in Ponds, when it’s Cold/Freezing), Charamote, or Synathid (both found in Caves in any temperature). Best to take lures, but some suggest Charamote can spawn without lures if you wait long enough. I have also heard that Longwinders count towards this, but am yet to confirm. Couples very well with the Mine for gems in the Orb Vallis challenge (go mining while waiting on fish spawns).
Kill Profit-Taker while playing with a friend or clanmate: Oof. Glad this is an Elite challenge, as it’s not one that many players can actually achieve, particularly lower level players. Still, not only will you be taking down the Profit-Taker Orb, but you’ll also be fighting a bunch of Corpus, so best to combine this one with “Kill XXX number of enemies” challenges (don’t make it too complex, as you will need to concentrate on the Orb fight). BUT! Whoever you play with does need to be on your in-game friend list OR in your clan…
Complete an Extermination Mission with Level 30 or Higher Enemies without being detected: If you have a good stealth frame (Ivara, Loki, Ash, or even Banshee, Limbo, or Baruuk), then this probably won’t be too taxing for you, but note that the number of kills required will be significant. That said, there are no alarms in the Void, so you can just go ham in a Void Exterminate and the box will be ticked.
Complete a Sortie with a Friend/Clanmate: Pretty easy really – provided you have unlocked Sorties and have friends/are in an active clan… (And note this week that doing a single Sortie will provide 8k rep, provided you do it with a friend/clanmate…)
What's in the Store this week?
- Corrosive Projection (Aura) – 20 Creds
- Dead Eye (Aura) – 20 Creds
- Enemy Radar (Aura) – 20 Creds
- Energy Siphon (Aura) – 20 Creds
- Vauban Chassis Blueprint – 25 Creds
- Vauban Neuroptics Blueprint – 25 Creds
- Vauban Systems Blueprint – 25 Creds
- Ceramic Dagger Blueprint – 50 Creds
- Pangolin Sword Blueprint – 50 Creds
- 5x Nitain Extract – 15 Creds
- 1x Built Orokin Catalyst – 75 Creds
- 1x Built Orokin Reactor – 75 Creds
- Saturn Six Ornament – 40 Wolf Cred
- Ash Scorpion Helmet Blueprint – 35 Creds
- Atlas Shikoro Helmet Blueprint – 35 Creds
- Atlas Tartarus Helmet Blueprint – 35 Creds
- Excalibur Mordred Helmet Blueprint – 35 Creds
- Frost Squall Helmet Blueprint – 35 Creds
- Gara Virago Helmet Blueprint – 35 Creds
- Hydroid Ketos Helmet Blueprint – 35 Creds
- Hydroid Triton Helmet Blueprint – 35 Creds
- Ivara Loxley Helmet Blueprint – 35 Creds
- Limbo Magrite Helmet Blueprint – 35 Creds
- Mag Coil Helmet Blueprint – 35 Creds
- Mirage Trivelin Helmet Blueprint – 35 Creds
- Nezha Jinza Helmet Blueprint – 35 Creds
- Nyx Menticide Helmet Blueprint – 35 Creds
- Nyx Vespa Helmet Blueprint – 35 Creds
- Oberon Markhor Helmet Blueprint – 35 Creds
- Saryn Hemlock Helmet Blueprint – 35 Creds
- Titania Aurai Helmet Blueprint – 35 Creds
- Wukong Dasheng Helmet Blueprint – 35 Creds
- Grinlok Desert-Camo Skin Blueprint – 30 Creds
- Karak Desert-Camo Skin Blueprint – 30 Creds
- Tonkor Desert-Camo Skin Blueprint – 30 Creds