Welcome back, Dreamers.
The Nightwave weekly bounties change every Sunday at 12 midnight GMT (or Monday morning, if that’s your preference), so keep your eyes out every week after that time for our weekly update – letting you know the activities you’ll need to complete for the week (note this will not include daily challenges, of course).
Thanks, as always, to Wrathoc for being amazing and tracking down the details.
This Week's Bounties
The following challenges are in place until Midnight Sunday 19 January/Monday 20 January:
- Catch 6 Rare Fish in the Plains of Eidolon
- Kill 30 Eximus
- Complete 9 Invasion Missions of Any Type
- Complete 3 Mobile Defense Missions
- Catch 6 Rare Servofish in the Orb Vallis
- Complete a Defence Mission reaching at least Wave 20 (Elite)
- Kill or Capture an Eidolon Hydrolyst (Elite)
Catch 6 Rare Fish in the Plains of Eidolon: I expect these will require players to catch the baited fish, including: Sharrac, Karkina, Murkray, Norg, Cuthol, Glappid. Whichever you have the bait for should suffice, but do note when and where that fish may be available. Keep in mind you can do this with friends that have the bait – you don’t HAVE to have the bait yourself!
Kill 30 Eximus: This won’t take TOO long, but can likely be easily knocked off passively while doing other challenges. If this happens in the same week as the “Kill 100 Eximus” Elite, then you are laughing – 8000 rep for 10-15 mins of work. Same tips apply – if you want to smash it out, do a high(ish) level Survival and stay for as long as you can.
Complete 9 Invasion Missions of Any Type: This is a good challenge to have, because it kind of forces you to do Invasions – and there are some good things to be gained from Invasions. Of course, you can get some weapons, Mutagen Mass, and the occasional Forma (among many other things), but you can also double up on other challenges that may match the mission type. Tip if this is not the case? Do low level Phorid Assassinations. That can be smashed out quick and easy.
Complete 3 Mobile Defense Missions: Again, an easy one, and definitely one that can be doubled up with Invasion challenges (as Mobile Defence missions are often offered as Invasion mission types). Can also be combined with Dailies, depending on what they are, so consider them before jumping in.
Catch 6 Rare Servofish in the Orb Vallis: Fishing in the Orb Vallis is somewhat more enjoyable than on the Plains (to me, at least), but it’s harder to catch Rare fish there, sadly. You’re looking for Tromyzon (found in Ponds, when it’s Cold/Freezing), Charamote, or Synathid (both found in Caves in any temperature). Best to take lures, but some suggest Charamote can spawn without lures if you wait long enough. I have also heard that Longwinders count towards this, but am yet to confirm. Couples very well with the Mine for gems in the Orb Vallis challenge (go mining while waiting on fish spawns).
Complete a Defence Mission reaching at least Wave 20: not too hard, you just have to last a long time. That many waves is going to be at least half an hour, so buckle in – and remember, all you need to do is survive, so you should be fine with a good group. You can smash out a bunch of other passive challenges as well, so make sure you bring the right weapons to get multiple jobs done (if they are on the menu for that day/week).
Kill or Capture an Eidolon Hydrolyst: Not difficult if you are experienced with the Eidolons, but keep in mind the Hydrolyst is the third Eidolon,so you need to Capture the Teralyst, then take the Brilliant Shards to the lake to call out the Gantulyst, and then reinse and repeat for the Hydrolyst. As a result, you’ll kind of need a team that knows what they are doing.
What's in the Store this week?
- EMP Aura (Aura) – 20 Creds
- Enemy Radar (Aura) – 20 Creds
- Speed Holster (Aura) – 20 Creds
- Sprint Boost (Aura) – 20 Creds
- Vauban Chassis Blueprint – 25 Creds
- Vauban Neuroptics Blueprint – 25 Creds
- Vauban Systems Blueprint – 25 Creds
- Jaw Sword Blueprint – 50 Creds
- Pangolin Sword Blueprint – 50 Creds
- 5x Nitain Extract – 15 Creds
- 1x Built Orokin Catalyst – 75 Creds
- 1x Built Orokin Reactor – 75 Creds
- 10,000x Kuva – 50 Creds
- 1x Wolf Beacon – 50 Creds
- Banshee Reverb Helmet Blueprint – 35 Creds
- Ember Backdraft Helmet Blueprint – 35 Creds
- Equinox Solstice Helmet Blueprint – 35 Creds
- Frost Aurora Helmet Blueprint – 35 Creds
- Gara Virago Helmet Blueprint – 35 Creds
- Garuda Bathory Helmet Blueprint – 35 Creds
- Gauss Mag Helmet – 35 Creds
- Inaros Canopic Helmet Blueprint – 35 Creds
- Ivara Loxley Helmet Blueprint – 35 Creds
- Khora Delphi Helmet Blueprint – 35 Creds
- Limbo Aristeas Helmet Blueprint – 35 Creds
- Loki Swindle Helmet Blueprint – 35 Creds
- Mag Gauss Helmet Blueprint – 35 Creds
- Nezha Jinza Helmet Blueprint – 35 Creds
- Nova Flux Helmet Blueprint – 35 Creds
- Oberon Markhor Helmet Blueprint – 35 Creds
- Trinity Aura Helmet Blueprint – 35 Creds
- Trinity Meridian Helmet Blueprint – 35 Creds
- Valkyr Bastet Helmet Blueprint – 35 Creds
- Wisp Gaoth Helmet Blueprint – 35 Creds
- Zephyr Tengu Helmet Blueprint – 35 Creds
- Atterax Desert-Camo Skin Blueprint – 30 Creds
- Burston Solstice Skin Blueprint – 30 Creds
- Grinlok Desert-Camo Skin Blueprint – 30 Creds
- Karak Desert-Camo Skin Blueprint – 30 Creds
- Plinx Shock-Camo Skin Blueprint – 30 Creds